Ashford Traditional Spinning Wheel
The Ashford Traditional is the world’s most popular spinning wheel and it is easy to see why!
- The separate drive band and bobbin brake adjustment is easy to understand and simple to operate.
- The bobbins are quick and easy to change.
- Scotch tension and 4 speed flyer allow for a wide variety of yarn to be spun.
- Horizontal adjustment of the maiden bar allows perfect alignment with the 4 speed whorl.
- Ball bearings and large 56cm (22ins) wheel makes treadling smooth and effortless and easy to maintain a steady speed.
- The wide legs give good stability especially when speed spinning.
- The treadle is pivoted to allow a comfortable heel-toe action.
- Lazy Kate and 4 bobbins included.
- The many optional accessories make this an extremely versatile wheel.
- proven design for over 40 years
- large 56cm (22ins) wheel
Available as both Single Drive (Scotch Tension) and Double Drive (Natural finish only).
Wheel diameter: 56cm (22″)
Orifice: 1cm (⅜”)
Orifice height: 67.5cm (26.5″)
Type of drive: single drive and double drive available
Single drive ratios: 7, 9, 12, 17
Treadle: single treadle
Weight: 8kg (17½lb)
Included accessories: 4 standard bobbins, lazy kate, threading hook, learn to spin booklet.
Optional Extras: Add Starter Kit for reduced price of £35!
Get your spinning journey off to a flying start with an optional starter kit including a Niddy Noddy, Yarn Gauge and bottle of Wheel Oil.
Try Before You Buy!
Visit Sealy MacWheely shop in Kirkintilloch to test drive the Traditional, Traveller and Kiwi 3 wheels before you make your decision. Booking essential via Contact Me - pickup from shop also available with 1 hour free tuition for all wheel purchases!
Need Help Setting Up?
All Ashford Wheels come flat-packed as standard, if you would prefer for your wheel to be ready and set up for you I would be happy to provide this service as an optional extra (+£25) - pick up from shop only
UK shipping £15. Pickup from Sealy MacWheely Shop also available - contacting in advance advisable to ensure that your preferred wheel is in stock!